Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Cuddly


This is a picture of me with my Mutsy. the other day I wrote about favorite snugglies or cuddlies. I felt you all needed to see me with mine. This is my monkey. I do still have him but he is packed away in a box. The picture was taken by my father. He dabbled in portrait photography when I was young and took most of our portraits in the early 1970s. This one was taken in August 1970 which would have put me at 8 months of age. Wasn't I cute? My monkey looks pretty good too. In this picture he still has his ears!


Over then next several weeks I hope to be able to get out our family slides and start scanning them and printing the photos so they can be put in photo albums. It is interesting that in the 1960s and 1970s the fashion was to take slide photography. But it makes it difficult to look at the pictures when they are in slide format. My kids want to see what I looked like as a child their age and I can't show them that many photos because they are all in slides. So I am going to transform them all into photos and in albums.


Does anyone know why slides were taken and not photos?

3 comments:

barefoot317 said...

if you can email them to me, i can have copies as well. You gotta love the digital age..
And yes, you were cute :)
(i mean are)..
lil' sis

zebrafeet said...

don't you remember being tortured by slides of vacations from other people? it was a way of torturing people.

Whitney said...

ahh. That was it. The torture of slides was the purpose...I understand now.