I found this new blog and I think it is great. This guy, Jimbo, hand carves crochet hooks. I love to crochet and I am DEFINITELY going to bid on one!!
He has declared September 12th "International Crochet Day" and I think it is a great idea. Much of our historic handcrafts are falling to the wayside. It is so much easier to go to the store and buy a $5 pair of mittens but it is so much nicer to receive a pair of handmade mittens. We in our fast society are rushing out to the store and just buying what we need and not taking the care, love and time into making exactly what we want! I will always support handcrafts and will always practice them in my home.
So head on over to:http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/ and check him out. By the way, he is "raffling" off a crochet hook. Scan down to August's blogs and find his entry for the contest. You will see that I entered!!
2 comments:
hi! This is kind of strange. I found you over at 4th avenue blues and clicked to see if you got your interview yet. I read Jimbo's Front Porch, too! I just thought that it was kind of bizarre because the two blogs are so different and we both read them.
If you're into crochet or knitting, check out Dreams of Dogwood, too. I'm sure Jimbo has a link on his site.
And,ya, his hooks are pretty cool.
Please help me promote my site…Let us build our dreams together by sharing your wish. visit www.wishlistmaster.blogspot.com NOW!
Post a Comment