Well, I can forgive but I can't forget. That is the motto of the month. I am so not a collector of memories of wrongs committed against me. I move on quickly from events that are hurtful or that anger me. So with that I find myself going back to the same friendly conversation and such with these horrible people who I have to call co-workers. Jennifer Warren, remember her??? Well she has been trying to befriend me again and making fun chit chat and such. Mrs. Bomba, the one who had to consult others if she could go out with us for lunch last year and they said she couldn't go with us has decided to grow up a bit and is now making her own decisions and is trying to hang out with me more and wants to include me more in the lunches, etc. I keep her at arms' length but have obliged her and accepted her invitation to eat with her.
I had a conversation earlier this week with Brad our principal and he was talking about having a conversation with the staff about negative talk about each other and to each other as well as gossiping. So with that conversation I wanted to keep a bit of distance with the others before this talk we will get either next week or the week after. I just don't want to be associated with those who actively do this on a regular basis. So I have been eating in my room and not really talking much to others, which is fine with me anyway. When I eat with the group I usually end up with a belly ache or head ache from having to hear Mr. Levy, know everything about everything and complain and exagerate about everything too. Oh my, just gives me a headache thinking about it.
So that is my work update. I do have to say, Joel Hughes the PE teacher has been particularly nice to me recently which is a bit odd because he was the one who yelled at me last year because I was saying good morning to him every day last year. I am cordial but again, arm's length!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment