I have finished the blanket that I was crocheting for Alexandra. I started it in November and I have now just finished it. I have posted a picture of it!! It fits on a twin size bed so it is fairly big. I crocheted it using a medium weight yarn and an H hook. I used a shell pattern and I am very pleased with it. It took a long time because I took about 3 weeks off of working on it. Nightly I could get about 3-4 rows done while watching my favorite TV shows.
Alexandra is excited to have it finished and she thinks she has waited a long time for it. I finished Nicholas' before hers and his was quicker to complete as it was done with a thicker yarn and was completed in blocks. One thing that I learned was that I needed to leave longer tails when changing colors. Shorter ones were harder to weave in and longer ones stayed weaved better.
Caroline's blanket is next. I am thinking about doing squares with hers as it will be easier to manage but I like the pattern of Alexandra's. So I am at a quandry. Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful. She has asked that it be purple, white, and green.
2 comments:
how about circles?
Circles? Like the whole blanket be a circle or circles all connected together? How would the circles be connected without having huge holes between them? Maybe octigons? they would all fit together. Great suggestion!
Post a Comment