I made enough spaghetti sauce to fill one large jar and I put the rest in the fridge. There was only enough left to fill a third of another large jar. So we will have that for dinner one night this week.
This is how much patty pan squash we picked just yesterday.
This is the squash and the zucchini cut up in bags to go in the freezer. The patty pan in front is what I still have to cut up left from yesterdays harvest.
This is what I still have in the fridge that I have yet to do something with. This is harvest from this past week. My vegetable drawers are 10 inches deep.
I have cut some much zucchini and patty pan squash that my fingers are permanently covered with squash juice. It made sort of a layer of stuff on my fingers that I can't get off with regular washing. Weird.
6 comments:
wow that is a crazy amount of squash. they good though
You would think that squash is the only thing we planted. But we planted green beans, peas, cabbage, onions, potatoes, and corn. Cantelope, watermelon and pumpkins. But squash is one plant that deer don't eat. They have eaten our tomatoes, beans, peas and some of our potatoes. The cabbage didn't do so well and we are just beginning to pick our potatoes. Corn just tastled a week ago and we have a bunch of baby corn out there. In a few more weeks we will be up to our eyeballs in corn. The crows ate all our watermelons.
squash? .... i always skip that on the salad bar. :)
Hey Whitney,
Kinda like..."Why do people call them apartments when they are all built together"? or, "Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway"? All very good questions!
PS..Just started my own blog tonite! The address is; whatsupwithus.blogspot.com
Sharon!
Hi,
Me again! I gave you the wrong blog address. Sorry! The correct one is; www.whatsupwithus-vial.blogspot.com
Sharon!
because jaring has a different meaning. :D
Post a Comment