Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A "NO TV" DAY...

Today is a "no TV" day in our house. The kids have recently gotten their brains sucked out by sitting in front of the TV for 3 and 4 hours at a time. I can't move them and when I ask them to do anything they literally don't move. They have become limp green beans.

So today I have declared it a "no TV" day in our house. In the three hours that my middle daughter has been awake she has asked me three times if she can watch TV. I tell her "N-O!". She isn't happy about it but hasn't whined yet either. Right now she is stringing beads on the back porch watching workmen take down part of a tree in our neighbors yard. Now isn't that better than getting your brain sucked out by SpongeBob Squarepants?

4 comments:

zebrafeet said...

what? no sponge bob square pants? how will the children live?

The Agent of Entropy said...

What a great idea, more parents should do this. Just the other day my wife and where talking about despite the fact that it is summer you never seen any of the neighborhood childern outside doing anything

Sharon said...

I think you're doing the right thing, Whitney! Fresh air, sunshine, dirt is the key. I wish I could go back and do it all over again! Well, wait a minute, you know Brian, maybe not! Ha, Ha! Hopefully I can try a different approach with my grandchildren so day! Don't forget when you ahve a bit of spare time to check out my blog again; whatsupwithus.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Pardon my spelling mistakes! I hate that!